Download PDF Here:
Posted in boating, Boating Gear, Boating Resources, Boats for Sale, Marine Industry, Press Release, Travel & Leisure, Yachting, tagged boatshow, FLIBS, fort lauderdale, sportfishing on August 28, 2014| 2 Comments »
FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. (August 28, 2014) – Entering its 55th year, the Fort Lauderdale International Boat Show® (FLIBS), the largest in-water boat show in the world, is set to take place from Oct. 30 through Nov. 3, attracting an international audience of thousands of marine enthusiasts to the “Yachting Capital of the World” to experience the single best showcase of marine products and accessories on the planet. Each year, show organizers strive to deliver new, exciting features to enrich the overall show experience and engage audiences.Here are the top 13 things to see and do at this year’s show:
1. Check out an astounding number of yachts. From astonishing super-yachts to fishing boats, runabouts and boats for every budget, the Fort Lauderdale International Boat Show delivers the excitement of boating for anyone who loves to get out on the water.
2. Stop by Pier 66 Marina, the show’s newest location. Recently reopened following a total marina renovation, this show site will feature an impressive display of brokerage yachts and attractive dining options, including Pelican Landing restaurant for casual dining and drinks, and fine cuisine at the upscale Grille 66 & Bar. Pier 66 Marina will be accessible via shuttle bus (Green Line) and/or Water Taxi. Qualified guests will be able to sea trial yachts during the show from this location.
3. Grab a bite to eat at the show’s new, full-service pop-up restaurant, Hugh’s Café at the Hall of Fame Marina, operated by Hugh’s Culinary. Located at the Hall of Fame Marina show location, the concept is designed to offer another quality dining option for guests and a place for industry professionals to meet and conduct business.
4. Relax and grab a drink at the new IGFA Sportfishing Lounge, located inside the Broward County Convention Center. While you’re there, enjoy free fishing, diving and boating seminars and workshops for anglerstaught by some of the area’s best captains and professional anglers.
5. For the kids, catch the Hook The Future kids’ fishing clinics where kids get a free rod/reel combo and plenty of other prizes.
6. Check out the expanded Blue Wild area featuring scuba and freediving, lobstering and safety seminars, a huge selection of marine art and the all-new JYPSEA Swimwear Show.
7. Take in a flick at the Boat Show Film Festival,screening Crew Unlimited’s Yachtie Da Film Festival, Guy Harvey Ocean Conservancy films, and trailers from this year’s Fort Lauderdale International Film Festival.
8. Check out live paddleboard, kayak, hovercraft and freedive demos at the AquaZone, presented by Nautical Ventures and new this year to the Sailfish Pavilion at the Convention Center location. Guests will learn directly from the pros in a 25-foot-by-50-foot, 15,000 gallon pool.
9. Ogle the exotic auto display, a private jet, personal submarines and the latest yacht and water toys. Even if you’re not in the market for a new boat this year, the show offers amazing exhibits and fun for all.
10. People-watch at the show’s world-famous floating cocktail lounges. Find a seat, grab a cold drink and cool off in the shade. Have a bite to eat and recharge while enjoying live music and even livelier crowds.
11. Explore the impressive displays and shop for the latest gear or gifts. Nearly $4 billion worth of boats and marine products across more than three million square feet of exhibit space includes an array nautical clothing, gear, the latest marine electronics, accessories and more.
12. Hop a ride to the show aboard free riverboats and $10 all-day Water Taxi transportation. The show’s seven locations are connected by a convenient land and water transportation network offering several parking and transportation options to get show-goers to the Bahia Mar Fort Lauderdale Beach Hotel & Yachting Center, the Hall of Fame Marina, Las Olas Municipal Marina, Hilton Fort Lauderdale Marina, Sails Marina, Pier 66 Marina and the Greater Fort Lauderdale/Broward County Convention Center.
13. Watch the spectacular fireworks display on opening night at the Bahia Mar Marina. FLIBS always wows guests in many ways, whether it is the jaw-dropping superyachts, the lavish parties and fun-filled events or the amazing fireworks. Year after year, the show aims to bring an enhanced experience to all who come through the gates.
The Fort Lauderdale International Boat Show® is owned and sponsored by the Marine Industries Association of South Florida, managed and produced by Show Management and sponsored by Gosling’s Rum, Taiwan External Trade Development Council (TAITRA), GEICO, YACHTS International Magazine, AIM Marine Group, Budweiser, BoatShowHotels.com, BoatQuest.com, Palm Harbor Marina, Smallwoods Yachtwear, International Game Fish Association (IGFA), Monte Carlo Vodka and the South Florida Sun Sentinel.
Posted in apps, boating, boating blogs, Boating Gear, Boating Resources, Boats for Sale, Cruising Resources, Green Gear, iPad, iPhone App, sailing, Technology, weather, Yachting, tagged boat gear, burger boats, iphone, weather, weatherflow, windmeter, Yachting on August 1, 2014| 1 Comment »
Posted in boating, Boating Resources, Marine Industry, Newsworthy, Press Release, tagged arbitration, ars, boaterrated, carl schellbach, independent reviews, marine business review, resolution, tom weber on August 13, 2013| Leave a Comment »
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Press Contacts: L. Carl Schellbach, Jr. – 1-877-292-7440, email@example.com
Thomas P. Weber – 1-888-934-1777, firstname.lastname@example.org
Stuart, FL., August 12, 2013 – BoaterRated, LLC, which operates the leading independent marine business review website–where boaters rate and review boating businesses–and Arbitration Resolution Services (ARS), which has developed the ideal environment for alternative dispute resolution using binding arbitration, today announce that they are teaming up in order to bring a value-added service.
The new service allows BoaterRated Partner Businesses™ to use ARS services at reduced fees for all parties to a dispute.
“BoaterRated.com exists to help the boating community get more enjoyment out of their investment and to help marine providers increase their level of customer service,” said Carl Schellbach, Partner of BoaterRated LLC. “Needless to say, not all boater experiences with providers are great, although many of the not-so-good ones are generally resolved when the provider’s attention is drawn to an issue. The Partner Business feature of a 14-day Reconciliation Period has resulted in a good number of amicable resolutions. We’re always on the lookout for ways to help boaters obtain the best products and services available. So, for situations that are not resolved during the Reconciliation Period, ARS offers an attractive path to a fair resolution and we’re glad to be able to offer it on terms equally favorable to all parties in a dispute.”
Tom Weber, CEO of Arbitration Resolution Services, adds, “Litigation is always a last-ditch and usually overly expensive effort to resolve disagreements. Arbitration offers a far less expensive and less adversarial solution to problems that can arise, and indeed have arisen in my own boating experience. ARS is an efficient way to accomplish the process, and at far less cost than hiring lawyers and court time to resolve an issue that usually involves less money than the legal fees and court costs would total.”
BoaterRated.com and Arbitration Resolution Services are offering a reduction in ARS’s standard fee schedule to businesses enrolled in BoaterRated’s Partner Business Program™. Mr. Schellbach says “We’re always seeking to add benefits for Partner Businesses to help them better serve the boating community, we see this as a great addition to the portfolio.” Mr. Weber goes on to say “We share BoaterRated’s commitment to objectivity and fairness and for that reason we are glad to offer a discount to all sides of a dispute that comes to ARS for resolution. BoaterRated Partner Businesses demonstrate their commitment to a high level of customer service, and that commitment really shows when things get a little tougher and the business wants to make things right as efficiently as possible for all.”
BoaterRated, LLC owns and operates BoaterRated.com, an easy-to-use, independent review website where boaters can offer ratings and reviews of local boating businesses, and where those businesses can easily enhance their “get the word out” efforts. For more information visit www.BoaterRated.com and explore!
About Arbitration Resolution Services:
ARS provides first-quality easily facilitated online arbitration services to companies and individuals. ARS is creating a seismic shift from the expense and hassles of courtroom litigation to online arbitration using innovative software technology that makes online arbitration accessible. ARS makes the resolution of disputes accurate, quick, and cost effective! For more information about ARS and the arbitration process, visit www.ArbResolutions.com .