We had a great time last night at the Lighthouse Point YC for the Hillsboro Inlet Sailing Club’s monthly general meeting where I gave a slide show presentation on my sailing voyages with the Star Clippers and threw a huge raffle!
Thanks to the hearty folks who stayed for the slide show and were rewarded with some great IPhone app codes and gear!
We made sure that everyone who purchased a raffle ticket to help the Youth Sailing Program got to take something home.
The first winners called were able to pick from a terrific assortment of donations like Navigation software from Navionics, Polar Navy, and Nav Apps from a long list (see below) of app developers, TreeFrog Pads, LokSak waterproof bags, Otterbox iPhone case, and more.
I hope that everyone enjoys their apps, gear or software and be sure to tell other smartphone users!
- Bad Elf: Assisted GPS Satellite data accessory/app for iPhone,iPad or iTouch (value $99.00ea)
- Boating Café: Boating Suite ($4.99)
- Derek Trauger & Assoc.:Dive Spots ($1.99), Bait Shops ($0.99)
- Gonzo Consortium: Bombora ($2.99)
- Cluebucket: WindBuoy ($3.99)
- Double Dog Studios: Boating Calcs ($2.99)
- Digital Forge: NavStation (.99), SailSim ($.99), VitalStatistics ($2.99)
- EarthNC: Marine Charts ($9.99)
- EZ Apps Inc.: EZ Radar – Florida Radar ($.99)
- Gigs, Inc: Signal Flags & Signal Flags International ($9.99)
- GPSNavX: iNavX ($49.99)
- Grog LLC: Animated Knots ($4.99)
- InfoBridge: WindAlert, 2- 6 month premium memberships ($60.00ea)
- Kitty Code: Hurricane HD for iPad and Hurricane for iPhone ($3.99), Traveler’s Quest Game ($.99)
- Michael Zapf Software: NMEAremote ($7.99)
- Memory Map: Pocket Nav ($19.99)
- Mobi Systems: Practical Encyclopedia of Boating (18.99)
- NauticEd Courses:
- 1st prize Captain bundle of courses (value $300)
- 2nd prize Bareboat Charter Master (value $160)
- 3rd prize skipper (value $95)
- Navimatics: Charts&Tides for East, Gulf & Great Lakes ($24.99)
- Navionics: – Chartplotter Apps, Charts and Laptop Software ($9.99-$130.00)
- Pinkfroot: ShipFinder ($4.99) & ShipFinder HD ($7.99)
- Roger Boesch: SailMaps ($5.99), SailBook ($5.99)
- TreeFrogPads: 5 Incredibly Sticky Pads! ($12.95 ea)
- LokSak: aLOKSAK waterproof bags and cases ($7.99 – 29.99)
- Otterbox: Universal iPhone 4 Defender Series case ($49.95)
- Polar Navy: PolarView NS – Navigation software licenses. ($39.99)
- Xantrex: 5 – USB DC Chargers ($9.99)
If your missed the raffle, there’s still time to get your free app codes. Anyone who donates to the Youth Sailing Program can get free app codes or other prizes.
Email: email@example.com for details, but hurry because Apple Redeem Codes are only good for a short time!
Thanks again to all the donors who continue to create great apps for all us sailors!